Campus Activism IntershipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant Street
DescriptionAlzheimer’s disease currently afflicts over 5 million Americans. It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States – and the only cause of death in the top 10 without any way of being cured, prevented, or even slowed. With the aging of the baby boomers and longer life expectancies due to medical advances, Alzheimer’s is viewed by many as the biggest public health issue of our time.
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Development Associate, the Campus Activism Intern will:
• Engage his/her college campus in the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association
• Design and implement a campus-wide awareness campaign to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease
• Recruit student volunteers to support the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association
• Coordinate Phone Banks with student groups to engage the constituents of the Alzheimer’s Association
• Assist in Advocacy/Public Policy efforts
Requirements• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
• Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Ability to handle many projects at one time
• Outgoing, energetic personality