Center4 Fall 2014 InternBookmark This
205 West 39th Street 16th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionABOUT CENTER4: Center4 is a new initiative to accelerate technology innovation that can strengthen and transform the nonprofit health and human services sector. Center4 will leverage the convergence of the private, public and nonprofit sectors (the “Fourth Sector”) and the emergence of New York City as a fast-growing, vibrant, rich locus of technology innovation and entrepreneurship to inspire new ventures and technology uptake that will enable agencies to work smarter, make dollars go farther and provide more and better care and support to improve the lives of the people served.
Center4 is guided by a blue ribbon advisory board including entrepreneurs, technology innovators, investors and representatives from the nonprofit sector, government and private philanthropy. Center4 activities and offerings will include:
- Host competitions, showcases and other events that spark conversation, partnerships, business ventures and innovation among nonprofit organizations, social entrepreneurs, investors, technology innovators, government and the philanthropic community
- Sponsor roundtables, workshops, tours and focus groups for technologists, entrepreneurs and investors with nonprofit thought leaders and managers
- Create partnerships with corporations and other accelerators, incubators and organizations to engage with them in developing technology solutions for the health and human services sector
- Feature a collaborative workspace, mentorship and investment support for entrepreneurs to repurpose existing technology and develop new products for the health and human services sector
Center4 is founded by and housed within FEGS Health and Human Services, one of the largest and most diversified nonprofit health and human service organizations in the country, helping more than 100,000 New Yorkers annually to succeed in school, obtain employment, navigate crisis, improve their health and mental health, manage disabilities and live as independently as possible in the community. FEGS has annual revenues of $250 million, a workforce of more than 8,000 staff, interns and volunteers, and fourteen affiliate/subsidiary corporations, including AllSector Technology Group, Inc.®, a leading provider of advanced technology solutions to the nonprofit sector since 1998.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will assist in all aspects of Center4’s work including:
- designing, developing, promoting and managing programs
- cultivating partnerships and conducting outreach with aligned organizations and individuals
- uncovering innovative technology solutions that can be applied to the non-profit sector
- developing and managing all digital and social media activities
- Graduate student (MBA, MPA, MSW or other related degree) or undergraduate senior.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and internet research
- Entrepreneurial and interested in the social good
- Self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills
- A minimum of 2 days per week required
- A minimum 3 month commitment, with opportunity to extend
- Internship is unpaid
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com