Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Child Hunger Program InternshipBookmark This
Feeding America Tampa Bay
4702 Transport Dr., Building 6
Description1 in 4 local children is at risk of hunger, and Feeding America Tampa Bay is working vigorously to close the missing meal gap for school-aged children. Our Child Hunger Programs are an opportunity to directly impact and interact with youth at risk of hunger and to provide them with the nutrition they need to grow and thrive. The Child Hunger Programs Internship will contribute to the success of the various programs, assuring successful food distributions at various school sites. The Child Hunger Programs Intern will work directly with FATB staff and school/community volunteers. This person will help to ensure that all FATB policies and procedures are fulfilled and standards maintained appropriately, while cultivating a culture of excellence in the implementation of the program. This is a fantastic internship for learning the various aspects hunger relief. We will use you in the field as well as in the office. This is not a “coffee and copies” type of internship so please only apply if you are committed to getting the most out of the experience.
Responsibilities• Become knowledgeable in processes and procedures of the various FATB child hunger programs
• Attend distributions and serve as support for the Site Coordinators, volunteers, and community partners on site.
• Assist with distribution logistics, set up and clean-up for each assigned site.
• Help with distribution preparation and follow-up duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Be a knowledgeable and professional representative of Feeding America Tampa Bay
• Perform other duties as assigned by Programs Coordinator
Requirements• A minimum of 2 years of course work in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree or experience in related field, (nutrition, psychology, sociology, social services, education, etc.)
• Strong skills in organization, time management, and written/verbal communication
• Demonstrated respect for, and experience with, culturally and economically diverse communities
• Ability to practice professionalism, uphold personal boundaries and maintain confidentiality
• Detail orientation and able to comply with regulations
• Valid current driver’s license
• Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.