Communications InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development & Marketing InternshipFairmount Community Development Corporation
Charity Ambassadors Wanted! (New Jersey candidates only)Allure Marketing Group
VitaSoul, Art & Cultural, Inspiration - Interns WantedMinus The Box Magazine
City Vision Internship: Oxford Circle CCDABookmark This
900 E. Howell Street
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
Youth Worker Intern: Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Youth Worker Intern. The mission of OCCCDA is to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God's purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social and economic levels. The Youth Worker Intern is responsible for developing (new program), planning and implementing activities for out of school time including after school and summer for high school age youth. The incumbent will also assist in providing referral and support services to youth and families listed in programs.
Job Responsibilities: Develop, plan and implement daily program activities for high school youth based on best practice models for after school and summer programs (25%); Work with Youth Coalition to develop plan and model for high school program including input from youth, parents, and community (25%); Work with volunteers/instructors assisting with daily activities (10%); Develop relationships and partnerships with the participants' parents and schools (10%) Conduct home and school visits as needed (5%); Develop yearly service plan for youth enrolled in programs (5%); Ensure that accurate and current documentation is maintained, including applications and any case notes and/or incident reports (10%); Assist Program Director and Youth Coordinator in ensuring compliance with requirements of OCCCDA and funders (5%); Develop a network of social service and support agencies which provide services to community youth (5%)
For Interns without a Bachelors Degree: OneYear Work Study Internship
• Provides a work study internship with free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry.
• Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, and Urban Missions.
• Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
• Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,645).
• Expectation is typically 29 hours of volunteer work with 16 hours of class work per week (45 hours total).
For Interns with a Bachelors Degree: MultiYear Graduate Fellowship
• Free tuition in Bakke Graduate University programs including MBA, Masters in Global Leadership or Social Entrenpreneurship.
• Some sites may provide an additional stipend or housing.
• Candidates may receive up to 6 hours of independent study credit based on practicum work at ministry.
• Supervised nonprofit or ministry experience interning 29 hours per wee
Requirements• At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
•Must be a Christian
•U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
•Able to make at least a one year commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
•Able to financially live on just free housing (if you opt for the Work Study Internship) and any outside income sources you have.
•Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)
• A commitment to youth and the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
• Associate's degree in Education, social work, or related field and two years experience working with youth.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org.
For more information about this site visit http://www.occcda.org/.