Grant writing internMySahana
Membership Coordinator and Public Advocacy InternshipLevantine Cultural Center
Programs InternNational Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
HOPE Office of the Chairman Internship (Atlanta, GA)Operation HOPE, Inc.
Production & Artistic InternDetroit Chamber Winds & Strings
Communications & Event Planning AssistantBookmark This
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Connecticut Chapter
372 Danbury Road
DescriptionHelp make a difference in the battle against blood cancers! The Connecticut Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks two energetic and goal oriented interns for the Team In Training program during the Fall 2013 semester. Combine your love for sports & helping others with this fun, flexible, hands on learning experience!
Team In Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance training program for runners, walkers, cyclists and triathletes. TNT provides certified coaches and mentors to the participants that assist them in their fitness and personal goals for marathons, century rides and triathlons, in return participants raise funds to help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. www.teamintraining.org/ct
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the planning of alumni engagement events, team socials and Kick Off celebrations
• Monitor and assist with social network and website updates
• Write press releases - draft pitch letters/emails and pitch local media
• Community outreach
• Represent The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and our mission professionally
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements• “Can do” attitude
• Willingness to learn new tasks
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Prefer experience with Microsoft Office as well as familiarity with social media platforms
• Ability to be flexible, persistent, and multi-task a must!
• Interest in sports/fitness and non-profits is a bonus
These internship opportunities are unpaid with school credit available. Schedules are flexible with 10-15 hours required per week, based in our Wilton, CT office. Positions are ideal for all majors, especially marketing, communications, sports management and psychology. Great for high school seniors, undergrad and graduate students! Previous experience a plus, but not required.