Office InternBeyond the Curves
Public Relations InternBeyond the Curves
Rescue Mission Intern: Sunday Breakfast Rescue MissionTechMission, Inc
Crowdfunding/Funding Development Spring Intern (Full- or Part-Time)Wylderness Youth Leadership Diversity (WYLD)
No Kid Hungry Youth AmbassadorShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Communications InternBookmark This
ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer
515 King St. Suite 420
DescriptionZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer, www.zerocancer.org, is the nation's leading prostate cancer nonprofit working to save lives and stop the pain and suffering of this horrible disease by advancing prostate cancer research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families.
ZERO is seeking a Communications Intern to provide support for key programs including media relations, social media, and general marketing and communications initiatives. This position is based in ZERO’s office in Old Town, Alexandria and reports to the Director of Communications.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude and impeccable time-management skills. ZERO has a casual dress work environment, is metro-accessible, and provides metro benefits. Please send resume and cover letter to HR@zerocancer.org.
• Conduct press outreach for ZERO events (races, golf, Summit, etc.)
• Draft press releases, fact sheets, and other materials for review
• Assist with social media outreach
• Assist with general website updates and content development
• Conduct market research and competitive intelligence
• Perform proofing and editing
• Assist with other marketing and communications duties as needed
• Able to work 15-20 hours/week
• Currently studying or completed undergraduate degree in communications or related field
• Interest in nonprofit sector
• Preference will be given to candidates with media relations and social media experience