Communications and Development AssistantBookmark This
LGBT Center of Raleigh
324 South Harrington Street
Description• What: Coordinating communications and development activities in a small nonprofit; including grants research, planning, and writing - social media outreach - contributing to overall development plan - Email blasts and calendar upkeep
• Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
• Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
• Assisting the Executive Director in all tasks related to communications and development
ResponsibilitiesIMPORTANT! To apply, please send resume, cover letter and one page business writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do not receive a writing sample, you will not be considered for an internship.
Requirements• Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
• Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
• Tact, humility, and a sense of humor.