Community DirectorBookmark This
Drowning Prevention Foundation
901 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: 577 days ago
DescriptionDo you know someone who drowned or had a near-drowning experience? These terrible accidents can largely be prevented through education and layers of protection. The Drowning Prevention Foundation, a Bay Area nonprofit agency that works to create awareness and advocate for policy change to prevent childhood drowning, is currently looking for Community Directors in Contra Costa County!
Community Directors help deliver our programs in their neighborhood and the surrounding area. Depending on your interest and abilities, activities may include:
-Build relationships with local contacts:
- Implement programs and water safety events:
- Manage local volunteers to implement water safety programs and events.
- Partner with local businesses to implement Drowning Prevention Month fundraisers in May.
- Ask your city council to acknowledge Drowning Prevention Month with a proclamation.
- Distribute water safety information to community groups as needed.
- Represent the Drowning Prevention Foundation at community events.
Must be outgoing and not afraid to ask for things. You must also have your own computer and transportation (local travel will be reimbursed monthly).
If interested in volunteering, please email Kyle Elliott (Volunteer Director) at volunteer (at) nokidsdrown (dot) org with a customized cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include the position you are interested, relevant experience, and why you want to work with the Drowning Prevention Foundation.