Business Development & Marketing InternshipFairmount Community Development Corporation
Charity Ambassadors Wanted! (New Jersey candidates only)Allure Marketing Group
VitaSoul, Art & Cultural, Inspiration - Interns WantedMinus The Box Magazine
Advocacy InternThe Arc of Dauphin County
Arts Admin Internship! Fall!Pentacle (Danceworks, Inc.)
Community & Donor Relations InternBookmark This
Hannah's Treasure Chest
124 Westpark Rd
DescriptionHannah’s Treasure Chest (Hannah’s) enriches the lives of children in need. As a conduit for basic necessities – clothing, shoes, equipment, books and toys – the organization has been evolving in size, scope and structure since its founding in 2001. Hannah’s occupies an 8,000 sq ft warehouse facility and employs two staff members. Warehouse responsibilities are supervised and staffed by more than 60 core volunteers. Hannah’s Treasure Chest collaborates with 50+ partner agencies in Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Warren, and Butler counties. During 2012, 7,000 children were served by Hannah’s.
The Community & Donor Relations Intern reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans. This includes cultivating, securing and maintaining contributions from foundations, corporations, institutions, and individuals, with the purpose of sustaining long-term donor relationships. Intern will also work with media outlets including broadcast news, print and social media.
ResponsibilitiesThe Community & Donor Relations Intern will:
1. Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute successful strategies and tactics for donor acquisition, renewal, and retention.
2. Build relationships with donors and funders to understand their topical and area interests, encourage their deepened engagement with the organization, and identify prospects who might, over time, be interested in higher levels of support of the organization.
3. Plan and assist in the execution of targeted outreach activities to identify prospective donors and funders.
4. Work with the Executive Director to cultivate, solicit and steward prospects through written and phone communications, and through personal visits or other outreach, as appropriate.
5. Establish and implement benchmarks to improve donor profiles and correspondence through database and other systems.
6. Work with the staff and Executive Director to design press releases, meetings, e-mail newsletters and promotions for the media, donors and funders to substantially increase awareness and revenues; other duties as may be assigned.
RequirementsEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must be a degree seeking student in a relevant field. Candidates must be able to embrace and articulate Hannah’s Treasure Chest mission and values, and work well in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: \
? Self-starter with the ability to manage your time well and be detailed oriented.
? Willingness to solicit and secure gifts from individual donors and assist in building a comprehensive individual gifts program.
? Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written forms, including the ability to prepare effective key messages for donors and utilize electronic communications.
? Willingness to learn how to secure foundation and other institutional grants, including prospect research, cultivation and writing grant proposals that match Hannah’s Treasure Chest’s programs with funder interests.