Community Outreach Internship 2013/2014Bookmark This
AARP New Jersey
101 Rockingham Row
The AARP New Jersey State Office, located in Princeton, NJ, has openings for 2013/2014 internships. This internship involves outreach and education to New Jersey 50+. This includes, but is not limited to, volunteer management, program development and design, the coordination of events and volunteers, public/media relations, and organizational communication.
You will build your resume while gaining first-hand knowledge of how the nation’s largest non-profit organization works, develops and conveys its message to 40 million members across the United States. You will gain valuable work experience and expand your knowledge in the field by coordinating and participating in outreach and educational campaigns, while helping New Jerseyans.
- Creating and managing programs
-Design collateral materials for public education
-Support Coalition building efforts
- Liaising with vendors and accounts department as needed
- Preparing materials to be distributed at events, such as flyers and outreach material
- Overseeing the event registration process from crafting messaging, invitations, capturing RSVPs and conducting follow-up communications
- Developing and distributing announcements and invitations
- Assisting with important non-partisan events, including community outreach events, legislative/advocacy events, press events and public forums
RequirementsTO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Jessica Cheng at email@example.com. (Please do not apply directly to internships.com)
This is a paid position. hourly wage to be discussed.