Camp G.L.O.W. (Girls Leading Our World) Summer InternLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Motivated Grant Writer wanting to Earn 12% of earned grant $$The Whitney Reynolds Show
Assistant Director to the Mental Health InitiativesTurn-A-Frown Around (TAFA) Foundation, Inc
Membership & Standards Spring Intern (Part Time)InterAction
Community Relations & Marketing InternBookmark This
Hannah's Treasure Chest
124 Westpark Rd
DescriptionHannah’s Treasure Chest (Hannah’s) enriches the lives of children in need. As a conduit for basic necessities – clothing, shoes, equipment, books and toys – the organization has been evolving in size, scope and structure since its founding in 2001. Hannah’s occupies an 8,000 sq ft warehouse facility and employs two staff members. Warehouse responsibilities are supervised and staffed by more than 60 core volunteers. Hannah’s Treasure Chest collaborates with 50+ partner agencies in Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Warren, and Butler counties. During 2012, 7,000 children were served by Hannah’s.
The Community Relations & Marketing Intern reports to the Executive Director and is responsible assisting in all aspects of the community relations and marketing plans. This includes any community outreach activities for partner relationship building, publicity or fundraising efforts during the internship. Intern will also work in conjunction with the current staff in developing relationships with media outlets including broadcast news, print and social media, the business community, and other community organizations.
ResponsibilitiesThe Community Relations & Marketing Intern will:
1. Plan and assist in the execution of targeted outreach activities to identify prospective donors and funders.
2. Work with the staff to design press releases, meetings, e-mail newsletters and promotions for the media, donors and funders to substantially increase awareness and revenues; other duties as may be assigned.
3. Assist in planning the Food for Thought parties which include finding ambassadors, coordination of materials for the event, and follow-up throughout the process.
4. Coordinate any donation drives that happen during the internship and assist in the promotion of them.
5. Assist in partnership development activities with the current and prospective partners of Hannah’s
6. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
RequirementsEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified candidates must be a degree seeking student in a relevant field or a recent graduate. Candidates must be able to embrace and articulate Hannah’s Treasure Chest mission and values, and work well in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: \
? Self-starter with the ability to manage your time well and be detailed oriented.
? Flexibility to work under pressure and manage stressful situations in a positive manner.
? Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written forms, including the ability to prepare effective key messages for donors and utilize electronic communications.
? Willingness to learn how to secure donations from a variety of donors that match Hannah’s Treasure Chest’s programs with funder interests.