2-1-1 Information and Referral Team AssociateBookmark This
United Way of Central MD
100 South Charles St
DescriptionUnited Way of Central Maryland (UWCM) seeks to mobilize the community to improve people's lives. One of many projects managed by UWCM is the 2-1-1 Information and referral call center which provided health and human service referrals to citizens of the Baltimore Metro area.
• 2-1-1 Maryland, seeks a highly motivated intern to assist with multiple facets of information and referral programs. The goals of this position are to have increased knowledge of community human resources and learn the basic operations of the 2-1-1 information and referral program.
• The intern will have opportunities to learn customer service, 2-1-1 resource management, best practices for Volunteer Management and have opportunities to engage with staff and volunteers in a variety of levels.
Responsibilities• Shadowing and assisting the staff Volunteer Coordinator with various levels of 2-1-1 special projects and referral services, particularly during November Thanksgiving season and/or Jan/Feb/March tax season.
• Assisting with resource updates, and quality survey follow-ups
• Assisting with orientation and training of incoming volunteers
Become familiar with and assist with community outreach projects planned by UWCM such as the Homeless Connection, and "Walk A Mile"
Some tasks may be completely remotely
Requirements• The successful candidate will possess a friendly, outgoing, positive and professional demeanor; will be able to work independently and flexibly, but will enjoy the collaborative opportunities that exist within a team environment.
• Candidate should be highly proficient in basic computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel,) and be able to learn to work in various database systems with an attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills are essential as this position requires a high level of comfort in communicating with diverse populations by phone, email and in person. Must be willing to ask questions and look for guidance when needed.