Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Corporate Initiatives InternshipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant Street
DescriptionAlzheimer’s disease currently afflicts over 5 million Americans. It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States – and the only cause of death in the top 10 without any way of being cured, prevented, or even slowed. With the aging of the baby boomers and longer lifespans due to medical advances, Alzheimer’s is viewed by many as the biggest public health issue of our time.
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Development Officer of Corporate Initiatives, the Corporate Relations Intern will:
• Research the philanthropic culture of Boston area companies
• Help to categorize a portfolio of 150+ Boston area companies
• Learn about cause marketing, workplace giving, matching gifts, corporate sponsorship, etc.
• Attend select meetings with corporate contacts
• Assist with standard clerical tasks to support Corporate Initiatives
Based on interests and career goals, this position can follow an “events” track or a “corporate” track. The “events” track would allow the Intern to help in planning and executing our Hope on the Harbor fundraiser, which is our largest opportunity to engage the Boston area corporate community. The “corporate” track would allow the intern to focus on initiatives like cause marketing, workplace giving, etc.
Requirements• Interest in pursuing a career in Special Events/Philanthropy
• Must have initiative and be a self-starter, with the ability to function as a member of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Knowledge of the Boston area corporate community is a plus
Knowledge of the following software is preferred:
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
• Experience with fundraising software, such as Raiser’s Edge, is preferred