Corporate Partnerships Internship with the Boston Symphony OrchestraBookmark This
Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
301 Massachusetts Avenue
DescriptionThe mission of the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is to foster and maintain an organization dedicated to the making of music consonant with the highest aspirations of the musical art, creating performances and providing educational and training programs at the highest level of excellence.
Each semester, the BSO's Corporate Partnership department hires one to two interns to help support the day-to-day activities of a five-person team. On average, interns are in the office between eight to twelve hours per week. This is a great opportunity to make connections at the BSO and experience the work environment at a thriving arts institution.
ResponsibilitiesThe Corporate Partnerships Intern will work on the following tasks, as well as other department needs as assigned:
- Organize promotional and print advertising collateral for annual sponsorship recap binders
- Assist with cultivation research projects
- Update and organize department archives including program books, brochures and newsletters
- Participate in the preparation of sponsor-related events
- Organize and execute mass-mailing projects
RequirementsQualified applicants MUST receive college credit for their participation in an internship program.
In addition, candidates should have have a strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and an interest in the arts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (mail-merges, Excel spreadsheets) and experience in an office environment preferred.