Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Customer Relations Intern - Big Brothers Big Sisters of UtahBookmark This
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
151 East 5600 South #200
DescriptionCustomer Relations is the first person that a prospective volunteer "Big" or a prospective mentee "little" & family interact with at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
ResponsibilitiesWork Schedule: 10-20 hours per week or as negotiated (flexible)
Must be able to make a minimum 6-month commitment due to training requirements
Supervisor: Program Coordinator
Updated: April 2014
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all customer and stakeholder inquiries and leads. Additionally, responsible for marketing BBBS programs through recruitment and outreach. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time; and customer satisfaction.
1. Ensure that all inquiry calls from volunteers and all inquiry calls for children receive an engaging, positive and personalized sales phone response promoting BBBS programs.
a. Effectively move the participant from inquiry to enrollment.
b. Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the initial enrollment process.
c. Follow process through to next point of contact.
d. Obtain preliminary contact information and schedule enrollment interview within prescribed time frame.
2. Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth transition through the process.
3. Send forms or program information as needed to volunteers, families or community partners.
4. Persistently, track and maintain recurring contact with potential volunteers and families who do not begin the enrollment process.
5. Respond to all calls requesting general information, communicating basic information, flexibility and volunteer choice.
6. Conduct criminal and child abuse background checks for volunteers, through Customer Relations Specialist or Vice President of Programs.
7. Enter all inquiries and pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
8. Assist with volunteer and child recruitment.
9. Assist with Development goals/objectives with all participants in the inquiry process.
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Results/Outcome Orientation
High School diploma or GED preferred. Prefer prior sales with customer service experience or marketing, sales or communication experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must be able to pass a background check and provide references.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone; ability to: relate well in multicultural environments; effectively collaborate with other staff; use time effectively; focus on details; position and promote opportunities. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred, though not required.