Summer internProject Transformation
Fundraising & Event InternFriends of Joshua House Foundation, Inc.
Marketing and Special Event InternHomeAid Houston
Chapter Leader - REACT to FILM College Action NetworkREACT to FILM
National Non-Profit Intern (education/communication/development/event planning)Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge
DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Refugee Services of Texas, Inc.
12035 Shiloh Road
DescriptionAGENCY DESCRIPTION: Refugee Services of Texas, Inc. (RST) was founded in 1978 and is a non-profit social service agency dedicated to resettling and providing social services to refugees and other displaced persons. RST resettles refugees, asylees, and victims of human trafficking from thirty different countries of origin with the majority of clientele currently originating from Burma, Bhutan, Iraq, Cuba, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Eritrea, and Somalia. Refugees are defined as individuals who flee their native countries due to persecution based upon race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership of a particular social group. RST’s mission is to provide quality services guided by principles of human compassion and dignity.
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Intern will assist the Dallas Admin Office in basic development activities such as grant writing, fundraising projects, networking, and creating marketing materials. Interns must be willing to learn about RST, local operations of the organization, and learn about refugee clients and their cultures. Interns must be sensitive to the cultural and personality differences of clients and be aware of the proper boundaries for interaction. This is an unpaid internship.
• Research various sources of funding
• Prepare grant proposals
• Assist with website development
• Create marketing materials
• Organize fundraising activities
• Coordinate networking efforts for community involvement and support
• Communicate effectively in person and by telephone
• Display sensitivity to cultural differences of refugee clients
• Adhere to RST policies, particularly those related to confidentiality and client privacy
• Reliable and flexible
• Willing to learn about RST's mission and programs dedicated to effective refugee resettlement
• Proficient computer skills
• Fluency in a second language preferred
• Minimum commitment of 8-12 hours per week for 16 weeks
For consideration please submit a resume, cover letter stating internship applying for, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inquire about details if academic credit is desired.