Non-Profit Management/Admin InternshipBookmark This
Refugee Services of Texas, Inc.
12035 Shiloh Road
DescriptionRefugee Services of Texas, Inc. is a not-for-profit social service agency guided by principles of human compassion and dignity committed to providing quality services for refugees, asylees, and survivors of trafficking. The five RST offices throughout the state provide resettlement services and programs designed for the local communities we serve. Working in partnership with faith-based communities, businesses, and volunteers, we provide our clients with resources, referrals, education, and guidance to ensure their success in leading self-sufficient lives in Texas.
Our five service centers have programs uniquely designed to assist refugees, asylees, survivors of human trafficking, and related vulnerable populations, helping them gain self-sufficiency as quickly as possible. Our Administration office provides operational, financial, and developmental support to all five locations from our headquarters located in Dallas, Texas.
The Admin office is looking to take on an intern interested in learning about and getting hands on experience with non-profit management and refugee resettlement.
ResponsibilitiesPossible responsibilities and learning experiences would include:
• Research and report writing
• Grant and database management
• Internal and external communications
• Event planning and special projects
• Administrative support and other duties as assigned
Requirements• Currently enrolled college student working on degree related to social services
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated, energetic, creative, and flexible
• Must adhere to RST policies, specifically related to confidentiality and client privacy