Non-profit Volunteer Coordinator AssistantCare-A-Lot
Jane Franklin Dance Arts Management/Administration InternJane Franklin Dance
Marketing InternA Better Road Foundation Inc.
Communications InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Data InternBookmark This
120 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionMet Council is one of New York’s top human service agencies helping 100,000 New Yorkers
fight poverty each year. Our services include crisis intervention, legal and immigration assistance, benefits outreach
and enrollment, kosher food pantries and vouchers, career training and assistance, domestic
violence counseling, affordable housing, home care, and home repairs.
The Data Department is charged with the rollout and implementation of AWARDS, Met Council’s database for tracking client demographic and service information. Our goal is to extract, analyze, and utilize statistical data from the AWARDS database and other sources to illuminate agency performance and better understand trends among our client base. This information helps us improve our provision of services to those in need throughout New York City. It helps us to gain new and maintain existing funding streams. Data also helps our department to serve as a bridge between Met Council’s internal programs and the outside world.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary purpose of the internship is to support the Data Department in shaping Met Council into a more data-driven organization. The intern will be responsible for projects that improve our ability to track and run reports on clients and services in AWARDS. Through this process, they will develop an understanding of database technology and the role it plays in running a social service organization.
1. Identify data integrity issues and take corrective action to insure that information in AWARDS is accurate and up-to-date for reporting.
2. Increase the capacity of understaffed programs and JCCs by providing technical and data entry assistance.
3. Assist in the collection of service data needed to produce Council Stat (i.e. running reports and analyzing reports and communicating with program directors).
4. Provide support in the rollout of AWARDS to new sites and programs.
Requirements• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Good with numbers
• Inquisitive analytical thinker
• Tech savvy
• Positive demeanor
• Good communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Interest in non-profit management and/or Jewish communal services
• Some familiarity with databases a plus