Development Internship Available at a Bay Area Nonprofit Agency!Bookmark This
Drowning Prevention Foundation
DescriptionDiscover the fun in fundraising! Depending on your interest and abilities, activities may include:
Develop relationships with potential donors in your community.
Develop and deliver donor cultivation tactics for individuals and organizations.
Submit grant requests to corporate and foundation prospects.
Send donor thank you letters for mailed checks.
Ask companies to include the Drowning Prevention Foundation on their workplace giving ballot. Promote our programs and services at their events (e.g. health fairs).
Log all contact information and activity in the online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
Update Drowning Prevention Foundation contact info on online giving sites as needed.
ResponsibilitiesThese is not a traditional internship position; a majority of work is done virtually to allow individuals to work on projects and tasks at their own convenience. Nonetheless, you will receive guidance and supervision from your respective mentor. Please refer to http://drowningpreventionfoundation.org/getinvolved.asp for a more detailed description of the position.
Requirements• Nonprofit /advocacy experience a plus, but we will train the right person!
• Access to a computer with internet capabilities.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Great critical thinking and time-management.
• Dependability and consistent follow through.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Bilingual a plus, but not required.