Web Designer for cool Non-Profit, Programming a plusHeal One World
Secretary Position on Board of DirectorsMetta Human Project
Program Coordination InternOlivewood Gardens and Learning Center
Assistant at Animal RescueVoice For The Animals Foundation
Internship Opportunities with 826 Valencia826 Valencia
Development Internship (Unpaid)Bookmark This
Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
600B East Gude Drive
The Development Intern will support the overall function of the department with particular emphasis on the Help the Homeless Community Walk Program from September-November and on the Celebrating Partnerships Gala from December until March. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Development and Communications, the intern will be able to learn all aspects that are involved in planning and implementing community based fundraising walks and an annual Gala for the purpose of learning the professional aspects of the position. Support of the Help the Homeless Program will be in the office and at the different Community Walk locations. Internship requires 8 to 30 hours per week (hours are flexible).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help research prospective walks and contacts.
• Organize walk paperwork including commitment and registration forms for all walks.
• Register all paid walkers using Help the Homeless website.
• Support the t-shirt process for the walks including t-shirt distribution tracking.
• Attend speaking engagements and walks as necessary.
• Assist with event management logistics (mailing save-the-the dates and invites).
• Assist with the coordination of Gala silent auction details and support the management of donation spreadsheets.
• Responsible for assisting with development of the following event lists: guests and corporate sponsors.
• Tracks public affairs activities and volunteer hours for the department.
• Answers phone and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
• Accepts in-kind donations and maintains the donation logs.
• Answers questions of a general nature; refers others to appropriate personnel for assistance.
• Other related office duties as assigned.
RequirementsRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Possess talent and skill to organize and plan.
• Possess strong time management skills.
• Demonstrate a relationship between their projected major field of study and the work of Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless.
• Automobile highly recommended.
• Be able to work shifts during normal office hours (Monday through Friday: 9am-5pm). Hours are flexible.