Development and Fundraising InternBookmark This
A Ray of Hope on Earth
1901 South Meyers Road, Suite# 310
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
DescriptionFounded in 2008, Became a 501c3 in 2012
A Ray of Hope on Earth’s mission and vision are:
Mission Statement - A Ray of Hope exists to transform individuals, families, and communities by sharing the truth that every life is special and significant.
Vision Statement - To witness a movement of transformed, inspired, and empowered individuals making a difference in the world.
Revenues: $0 to $303,000 annually
We accomplish this by developing partnerships with individuals and businesses with a like focus, purpose and/or goal.
For more information, please visit www.arayofhopeonearth.org
ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Executive Assistant, the Development and Fundraising Intern will
assist in strategy and implementation for foundational and operational development and fundraising as A Ray of Hope on Earth continues to grow. As the Development and Fundraising Intern, you will have the opportunity to advance our capabilities and reach through further cultivation of our development and fundraising functionality.
• Participation in group development and execution of A Ray of Hope on Earth’s annual fundraising plan
• Assist in securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Manage and maximize the implementation of donor information in Excel and/or additional database software oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Build strategy to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Develop and execute organization of special events
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
RequirementsA Ray of Hope on Earth is seeking a Development and Fundraising Intern who has at least 2 years of college education and 6 or more credit hours of specialized studies in development and/or fundraising experience, ideally with a focus in nonprofit organizations, covering areas such as organizational development, fundraising, and donor development and retention. The ideal candidate will use their knowledge to create exciting and useful strategies, and implement them for the benefit of the organization.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Knowledge of database management
• Highly collaborative style; creative ideas on developing and implementing fundraising strategies
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
• A strong implementer who thrives on developing a variety of key initiatives, concurrently
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to engage our audience
• High energy and creative contribution to development discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with internal and external groups, including staff, board
members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing