Business Manager / Project ManagerStand Wild
Client Styling InternshipBridge to Success
Case Management/Social Work Intern, Tallahasseeleon Homeless ShelterTallahasseeleon Homeless Shelter
Be REAL Students AmbassadorBe REAL Students
Communications and Event Planning Spring InternshipYouth Outreach Services
Non-Profit ManagementBookmark This
Children's Museum in Easton
9 Sullivan Avenue
DescriptionWe are looking for a college student, or graduate with course work in not-for-profit management, marketing, communications, and/or public relations for at least 8 hour per week, 10 week long internship. Our fundraising needs are diverse, and we may use you in several different areas. We make sure interns try their hand in as many things as possible.
Responsibilities• Researching potential corporate and foundation support.
• Providing general administrative support (acknowledging donations, developing and maintaining donor filing systems & donor databases, etc.).
• Preparing proposals to potential donors.
• Writing thank you letters and reports to donors.
• Coordinating special projects.
• Assist the Director of Development with the identification, research and management of potential individual, corporate and foundation funding sources.
• Research and develop sponsorship/volunteer opportunities for local businesses.
• Help coordinate and run the Museums Annual Campaign (fall)
Unfortunately, we cannot offer a salary, but we do offer the following benefits:
• A wonderful opportunity to develop skills in not-for-profit development work.
• The chance to further develop your talents.
• Experience that looks great on your resume! The Museum has an excellent reputation, and potential employers will be impressed.
• A progressive management style that allows interns to take on a great deal of responsibility and provides a supportive, stimulating and fun work place.
• Letters of reference for future job opportunities.
• A meaningful opportunity to help children and families grow and learn together.
Requirements• Excellent computer skills and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong organizational abilities
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising