MBCC Outreach & Communications InternshipMassachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
Social Media & Community Management Intern for Non-ProfitTRU Financial Services, Inc.
Girls on the Run InternshipGirls on the Run of Montgomery an
NJ Field OrganizerFood and Water Watch
Fall Internships at Girls Write NowGirls Write Now
Development/Fundraising InternBookmark This
Neighborhood Housing Services of Minneapolis
901 N 3rd St, Suite 300
DescriptionA Development/Fundraising Intern is sought to assist in creating, designing and implementing a Development/Fundraising program with NHS.
This Intern will assist the Deputy Director with a new measure within a well-established organization. The candidate hired for this position will be asked to utilize critical thinking skills in order to integrate into a passionate team who are excited to share in this exciting launch. This is a unique opportunity for an intern to gain valuable experience in assisting a program creation from the ground up.
Priority will be given to applications received with completed applications by October 25, 2013.
Complete applications will include: resume, links to three examples of writing samples and/or work (blogs, Facebook page, Twitter account, etc.) and cover letter specifically addressing this posting, to: Karin@minneapolisnhs.org. Please put “Development/Fundraising” in the subject header. We will be in contact only if you have been selected for an interview. Please do not call. Thank you for your understanding.
NHS is an equal opportunity employer
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities to be coached on:
• Assist on a special project focused on naming opportunities and potentials
• Support donor recognition projects as needed
• Collect samples or information on correspondence regarding named capital/plaques through press releases, pledge agreements, etc.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a fundraising calendar
• Aggregate and/or create article and video content
• Assist with execution of trade shows and community events
• Develop questionnaires and evaluations
• Assist with fulfillment of development offers
• Interview and interface with community members on fundraising goals and needs
• Prepare presentations
• Open and sort mail
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Assist in creating a user manual
• Create potential donor basis
• Provide support and ideas to social media efforts
• Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing clients and increase the impressions on potential clients
• Maintain tracking report for all fundraising activities
• Follow-up after each major campaign and outreach
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Familiar with both Mac and PC
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Solid understanding of the internet and social marketing best practices
• People skills and sales experience a plus for fundraising efforts for contests on social media, etc.
• Other marketing activities as assigned by supervisor
• Ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude
• Familiar with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Preferred majors: Marketing, Business, Communication, Sales, Advertising, Language or related field
• Previous experience with a non-profit
• Demonstrated ability to work with customers from a variety of socio economic and ethnic backgrounds
• Public speaker abilities and aptitude for learning