Social Work InternshipThe Help Network
Volunteer – Community Engagement InternshipThe Help Network
Social Media InternshipHomestead Community Land Trust
Graphic Design InterniGlow Mentoring
Marketing/Communications Major Needed for Non-ProfitElizabeth's Book Drive
Internship Posting for Project Development InternLegion of Good Will
Communications and Grant Writing InternDecatur Cooperative Ministry
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: August 26 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWHALER's Creation is a fun and innovative nonprofit organization working with foster youth from DC and Maryland. We are looking for a editorial journalists who can oversee our magazine and work with foster youth on story content detail,. photojournalism, editing and proofreading interviewing skills and story content if you like to write and to help others learn about media arts this may be the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus