Non-Profit Graphic Design InternThe Green Balloon Foundation
Event Management for Non-profitRACE Cancer Foundation
Wal-Mart Needs Secret Shoppers Apply NowWal-Mart Needs Secret Shoppers Apply Now
International Non-Profit Social Media ManagerMichael's House
Fundraising InternNew GateWay Solutions
fundraising specailistBridging The Gap-Where Hope is Born
Web Master/ Social Media Manager/Event Planner/Office AdminTorch 1975 Inc
Arts Administration InternshipLongwood Symphony Orchestra
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: August 26 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWHALER's Creation is a fun and innovative nonprofit organization working with foster youth from DC and Maryland. We are looking for a editorial journalists who can oversee our magazine and work with foster youth on story content detail,. photojournalism, editing and proofreading interviewing skills and story content if you like to write and to help others learn about media arts this may be the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus