Institute for the Study of War Fundraising and Non-Profit Management InternshipInstitute for the Study of War
Office InternRock Falls Chamber of Commerce
Spring Programming InternshipReligions for Peace International
RAINN Online Hotline InternshipRAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network)
Teen Program Intern (Fall/Winter)Step Up
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
St Culture Advocacy
DescriptionSt Culture Advocacy is a ST Culture Advocacy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we are in need of the intern to write the news releases for events and activities; editing the program books and film brochures.
Two main events are in spring and summer, many other smaller events in other months.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus