Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
St Culture Advocacy
DescriptionSt Culture Advocacy is a ST Culture Advocacy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we are in need of the intern to write the news releases for events and activities; editing the program books and film brochures.
Two main events are in spring and summer, many other smaller events in other months.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus