Country Officer (Volunteer)Fundamental
Grant Proposal writing (Communications/PR) InternSheba-USA
Programs InternFoundation for Second Chances
Marketing communications internAdvocates for Children and Youth
NGO Working for Peace Conflict Resolution in Lanham MD Communications Anthropology Public RelationsGlobal Peace Foundation
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
WorldBeat Cultural Center
2100 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA
DescriptionWe are a Cultural Center located in beautiful Balboa Park in San Diego. We have a wide ranging program including, classes, concert production, Festival Production, One World Cafe, Children's garden and much more. We need writing skills for our Flyers, grant proposals, Brochures, Marketing, etc. This is an unpaid position but could move into a paid one. We offer college credit and Job Credit. This is a young and diverse staff of motivated people using art and culture to heal the world.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus