MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Healthy Relationships Breakout WorldwideThe Relationship Foundation
Editorial-Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Richi Childhood Cancer Foundation
1309 Beacon St. Suite 300
DescriptionThe Richi Childhood Cancer Foundation is seeking a Editorial/Social Media intern for the Fall 2014 semester to assist locally with media and communications. The candidate must be based in the Boston area. Familiarity with Spanish language is helpful but optional. Flexible schedule, 20 hours per week.
• This is an unpaid part-time internship.
• Estimated weekly hours are 20 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
• Intern will work remotely, on his/her own computer.
• Opportunities for increased responsibility and develop its professional career.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter (including why you’re interested in Editorial-Social Media and The Richi Foundation) and a sample of your writing to Sergio Sotelo - firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com.
About the Richi Foundation:
The Richi Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts since January 2013, with the headquarters in Brookline (Boston - US) and offices in Europe (Barcelona). IRS ID: 80-0893992.
We help alleviate the strain that a life threating illness puts on children with cancer and their family members by providing a relaxing, carefree, and enjoyable environment: The Richi House Project.
We support research focused on finding cures for childhood cancer and giving survivors long and healthy lives: The Richi Research Project.
Responsibilities• Assist in drafting and editing our monthly newsletter, website content and other written materials.
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter.
• Contact media houses and cultivate relationships with key reporters and journalists in Massachusetts.
• Stay current on the childhood cancer issue.
• Be able to commit to 20 hours a week.
Requirements• Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write creatively, stimulating interest and support across many different demographics.
• Knowledgeable with social media marketing, through LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook.
• Speaking skills (for phone outreach).
• Knowledge of the news cycle, and traditional and online media outlets.
• Ability to follow directions and work independently.
• Major: preferably PR, Journalism or Marketing.