Intern for the Arizona Democratic PartyArizona Democratic Party
Vista for Goodwill-Easter Seals- St. CloudGoodwill-Easter Seals
Research and Policy InternSmart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM)
Fall Semester Issue One InternIssue One
Fall Semester Digital InternIssue One
Marketing and Event InternNorfolk SPCA
Senior Services Internship - ProgrammingUnion Settlement
Youth Development Summer InternshipOutreach Community Ministries
Editorial-Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Richi Childhood Cancer Foundation
1309 Beacon St. Suite 300
Posted: August 12 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Richi Childhood Cancer Foundation is seeking a Editorial/Social Media intern for the Fall 2014 semester to assist locally with media and communications. The candidate must be based in the Boston area. Familiarity with Spanish language is helpful but optional. Flexible schedule, 20 hours per week.
• This is an unpaid part-time internship.
• Estimated weekly hours are 20 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
• Intern will work remotely, on his/her own computer.
• Opportunities for increased responsibility and develop its professional career.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter (including why you’re interested in Editorial-Social Media and The Richi Foundation) and a sample of your writing to Sergio Sotelo - email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Richi Foundation:
The Richi Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts since January 2013, with the headquarters in Brookline (Boston - US) and offices in Europe (Barcelona). IRS ID: 80-0893992.
We help alleviate the strain that a life threating illness puts on children with cancer and their family members by providing a relaxing, carefree, and enjoyable environment: The Richi House Project.
We support research focused on finding cures for childhood cancer and giving survivors long and healthy lives: The Richi Research Project.
Responsibilities• Assist in drafting and editing our monthly newsletter, website content and other written materials.
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter.
• Contact media houses and cultivate relationships with key reporters and journalists in Massachusetts.
• Stay current on the childhood cancer issue.
• Be able to commit to 20 hours a week.
Requirements• Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write creatively, stimulating interest and support across many different demographics.
• Knowledgeable with social media marketing, through LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook.
• Speaking skills (for phone outreach).
• Knowledge of the news cycle, and traditional and online media outlets.
• Ability to follow directions and work independently.
• Major: preferably PR, Journalism or Marketing.