Communications and Development AssistantLGBT Center of Raleigh
Development and Marketing AssistantLGBT Center of Raleigh
Volunteer ManagementLGBT Center of Raleigh
Strategic Partnerships InternIraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Online Community User Experience InternIraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Education Impact Team MemberBookmark This
Big Brothers Big Sisters
501 North Grand
St Louis, MO
DescriptionChild Enrollment –
• Conduct Client interviews & writes comprehensive assessments to determine suitability for program
• Assess and apply factors contributing to successful and enduring mentoring relationships
Parent Engagement –
• Works in conjunction with the Relationship Manager and partner school to strengthen and steward parent
• Establishes strong and welcoming school presence
• Recruits parents to attend school events
• Shares student success with parents and encourage parent’s participation in addressing challenge areas.
• Evaluates ABCToday! school data with BBBSEMO Relationship Manager
• Develops and implements comprehensive interventions aimed at improving individual student as well as school-
wide ABCToday! performance
Resource Development –
• Identifies current resources and works to establish new relationships with external agencies for referrals and
• Develop & maintain resource database for agency wide use.
Implement Program Policies according to National and Agency standards
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and endurance knowledge when
assessing potential volunteers, parents, guardians and clients.
• Maintain accurate and timely data in electronic and physical files.
Problem Solver- Can quickly find common ground and solves problems effectively for the good of all with minimal
noise; encourages collaboration. Asks good questions and probes all sources for answers; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns and doesn’t stop at the first answer
Relationship Building -Invests in internal and external enduring relationships. Takes time to build trust and explore interests. Demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well to others and truly values people. Can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably. Can motivate many kinds of people; shares wins & successes.
School Agility – Knowledgeable about how school functions; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies and procedures. Balancing the role as an external partner and navigating positive relationships at all levels within the school.
Assessment – Is a good judge of behaviors; can clearly articulate the strengths and limitations of people; acts on the information gathered in a timely manner.
Time Management – Uses his/her time and the time of others effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; executes tasks while balancing important vs. urgent needs.
Planning- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
RequirementsEducation Level: Minimum of 1 year college education
Related Work Experience: Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.