Education InternBookmark This
Jazz at Lincoln Center
3 Columbus Circle
New York, NY
DescriptionJazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) is the world's largest not-for-profit arts organization committed to promoting the appreciation and understanding of jazz through performance, education, and preservation, under Artistic Director Wynton Marsalis. Jazz at Lincoln Center's new home—Frederick P. Rose Hall—at New York's Columbus Circle, the first education, performance, and broadcast facility devoted to jazz, opened in fall 2004. JALC offers a chance to grow with one of New York's fastest growing arts organizations.
The Marketing department is responsible for branding and marketing all of Jazz at Lincoln Center’s programs, services, memberships, and products. The department also leads the effort to generate ticket revenue for Jazz at Lincoln Center and plays a key role in audience development strategies for the organization.
Responsibilities• Program preparation and organization
• Research projects
• Updating department calendars
• Collecting program statistics
• Assisting with archiving Education materials
Requirements• Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
• Candidate should have a keen interest and willingness to learn about jazz and interest in arts education.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Passion and/or knowledge of Jazz preferred.
• Must satisfy school requirements for earning credit (credit only).
• Provides undergraduate and graduate students with first-hand professional experience in a non-profit, performing arts organization.
• Provides a head-start on possible career development options.
• Are generally part-time with a minimum time requirement of 20 hours per week.
• Are overseen by designated supervisor to ensure a quality learning experience.
*** Internships are available for 12 week sessions during Fall, Spring and Summer semesters in various departments.