Program Coordination InternOlivewood Gardens and Learning Center
Help Us End Homelessness - Internship in Greensboro, NCTurning Point 180
Special Events Intern, Man & Woman of the YearThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Office Support Intern San DiegoCitizens Climate Lobby
Camp Kindness InternshipCatskill Animal Sanctuary
Educational Workshop Facilitator/CoordinatorBookmark This
932 Wilson St.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionTwo Wings is dedicated to inspiring and empowering survivors of sex trafficking in the Los Angeles area pursue a dream career through life coaching, mentoring and job placement.
At Two Wings we believe in order to achieve any significant change it is important to engage the community in the solution. Our goal is to bring together volunteers from different career backgrounds to participate in our Educational Workshops. Through our partnerships with shelters we present a comprehensive curriculum focusing on life skills, career advancement and continued education. Our clients are able to learn new skills from our approachable curriculum facilitated by passionate volunteers who are interested in empowering our clients to pursue a new life outside of the shelter.
Responsibilities• Manage the Educational Workshop calendar to ensure two facilitators are present for each workshop
• Coordinate with volunteers to ensure they have the necessary materials to conduct the workshops (snacks & printed curriculum)
• Coordinate with shelter staff any changes or adjustments for each workshop
• Work with Program Development Director & CEO to ensure any necessary updates to workshops are communicated to volunteers and shelter staff
• Facilitate 2 workshops (1hr each) per month.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned
Requirements• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Creative approach to challenges
• Solution oriented
• Ability to work independently and a team environment
• Capability in taking initiative on projects
• Ability to multi-task
• Exposure/experience in social media strategies/campaigns
• Gregarious personality
• Willingness to complete tasks large or small
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Event planning experience (desired but not required)
• Must be flexible (we are a grass roots organization where everyone wears multiple hats)
• Currently enrolled in a college or university
• Commit to 10-15 hours a week
• Willing to travel within the greater Los Angeles area