WGB Coordinator InternBookmark This
Home Aid Northern Virginia
3684 Centerview Drive, Suite 110B
DescriptionHomeAid Northen Virginia leverages the resources of the homebuilding community and its corporate partners to conduct major renovations to homeless shelters, transitional houses and other facilities that help homeless people gain stability and a roof over their heads. HomeAid's partners and resources help to seignificantly reduce the construction costs to care provider organizations, thereby allowing them to redirect those dollars back into programs and services for homeless families and individuals.
HomeAid Northern Virginia is committed to helping local charitable organizations provide quality housing for families and individuals to help minimize the effects of homelessness on their health and well being.
HomeAid Norhtern Virginia was started in 2001 by the members of the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA), and since then has completed more than 75 projects valued at $11 million. HomeAid Northern Virginia is a chapter of HomeAid America.
HomeAid has managed renovations for various organizations that serve people who are temporarily homeless due to job loss, domestic violence, illness and medical problems including those who are disabled, mentally challenged or dealing with substance abuse, and wounded military veterans.
HomeAid also administers the Women Giving Back program, which collects and distributes professional clothing for homeless women, children, and teens in the Northern Virginia area. The goal is to provide the clients with some of the basics needed for attending job interviews, going to school and to work. The clothes often also offer a boost of self-confidence that allows our clients to continue on a path to self-sufficiency emboldened by hope for a better future.
Exciting programs internship offering real-world experience in helping to refine and execute HomeAid’s Women Giving Back program. Position allows for great creativity and flexibility in carrying out tasks, in order to ensure the successful and effective running of the WGB program. Position is responsible for all details of the program that pertain to marketing and communications, assisting with volunteer management, gathering data on WGB’s impact through attendance at WGB store days (and other tasks), maintaining accurate records, and other administrative tasks as assigned. Gain valuable program management experience in this dynamic, fast-paced working environment, and enjoy the opportunity to leave a lasting mark on a growing program!
• Maintain accurate records of in-kind and monetary donations, monthly store attendance, and other information as needed
• Prepare and implement methods of donor acknowledgement (includes preparing thank you letters)
• Assist with the creation and implementation of a system for 1) volunteer management and 2) maintaining up-to-date contact information for area case managers
• Assist in the preparation of WGB marketing materials, including print, e-mail, and website marketing (training provided)
• Compile and brainstorm methods for utilizing quotes and testimonials in telling the WGB story.
• Assist with all HomeAid and WGB community outreach events as needed
• Any other administrative tasks as assigned.
• Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
• Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
• Availability on the second Saturday (morning) of the month in order to attend the Store Day is a must.