Non-profit Volunteer Coordinator AssistantCare-A-Lot
Jane Franklin Dance Arts Management/Administration InternJane Franklin Dance
Marketing InternA Better Road Foundation Inc.
Communications InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Event Planning and Logistics InternBookmark This
National MS Society Gateway Area Chapter
1867 Lackland Hill Parkway
Saint Louis, MO
DescriptionThe intern will assist with the organization, and/or implementation of the special events and fundraising campaigns that make possible our chapter’s services and investment in MS-related medical research.
Time Commitment and Stipend:
14 to 16 hours a week during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, with the exact days and times to be determined according to intern schedule. An education stipend is awarded to those who complete 100-600 hours per semester. (The average is $500/240 hours of service), this amount is applied directly toward tuition.
Responsibilities• Event planning for Walk MS, Challenge Walk MS, Bike MS and other agency events
• Research of local companies and their involvement with nonprofit organizations
• Assist development department in organizing the storage and delivery of items donated for MS Society events
• Phone call follow-up on vendors and companies that provide services to the MS Society events
• Assist with the compiling and planning of staff guides and participant event guides for MS Society events
• Other duties, based on intern interest and agency priorities
RequirementsMust be at least 18
Must be enrolled with a university/college at the time of the internship
Must be available for 14-16 hrs/week between Mon-Fri: 8:30AM-5PM
• Special event planning, or marketing student with strong writing, verbal communication and computer skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments
• Demonstrated writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work efficiently with little supervision
• Customer service
• Microsoft Word and Excel experience
• Reliable transportation
• Able to stand for extended periods and tolerate heat (if attending events)
• Must have ability to perform various office duties, including typing, talking on the phone, as well as on location tasks, including taking photos at special events