Internship with the Turkic American Federation of SoutheastTurkic American Federation of Southeast
Move Your Body Kidz KlubMove Your Body Kidz Klub
Assistant to the Director at the Levantine Cultural CenterLevantine Center
Spring 2015 Internship - Programs, Government Relations, Community RelationArab American Institute
Learn Animal Rescue- Dog Assistant!Hopalong Animal Rescue
Executive Assistant for Haitian non-profitBookmark This
Konbit Mizik Corp.
DescriptionKonbit Mizik Request for Unpaid Internship
Konbit - (n. Haitian Creole) The act of the community coming together to achieve a common purpose or goal.
Mizik - (n. Haitian Creole) Music.
Konbit Mizik is a NYS 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Our mission is to harness the universal power of music to educate, empower, and uplift Haitiʼs most vulnerable youth.
Benefits of position include opportunities to:
- Learn real business administrative and programmatic skills running a non-profit organization
- Network in the US and international music industries
- Form cross-sector collaborations with governmental, private, and non-profit organizations
- Work closely with the Executive Director for potential career advancement
- 5-8 hours per week (on-site and remotely)
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include:
- Calendar & Task Management
- Assist with donor management & fundraising events in NYC area
- Assist with social media marketing and website maintenance
- Liaison with media outlets, PR & marketing
- Assist with organizational accounting and bookkeeping
- Create a simple filing system for paper records
- Manage and filter the general email box
RequirementsAlthough we don't ask for pre-requisite skills, academic achievements, or professional experience, an ideal candidate for Konbit Mizik would be:
- Pursuing a concentration in Marketing, Business, or Non-profit Administration
- Entrepreneurial, multi-skilled, eager to learn and strong ability to multi-task
- Reliable, accountable to deadlines
- Passionate about non-profit causes, mission-driven work
- Interested in music and education
- Interested in Haitian culture