Executive Assistant for Haitian non-profitBookmark This
Konbit Mizik Corp.
DescriptionKonbit Mizik Request for Unpaid Internship
Konbit - (n. Haitian Creole) The act of the community coming together to achieve a common purpose or goal.
Mizik - (n. Haitian Creole) Music.
Konbit Mizik is a NYS 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Our mission is to harness the universal power of music to educate, empower, and uplift Haitiʼs most vulnerable youth.
Benefits of position include opportunities to:
- Learn real business administrative and programmatic skills running a non-profit organization
- Network in the US and international music industries
- Form cross-sector collaborations with governmental, private, and non-profit organizations
- Work closely with the Executive Director for potential career advancement
- 5-8 hours per week (on-site and remotely)
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include:
- Calendar & Task Management
- Assist with donor management & fundraising events in NYC area
- Assist with social media marketing and website maintenance
- Liaison with media outlets, PR & marketing
- Assist with organizational accounting and bookkeeping
- Create a simple filing system for paper records
- Manage and filter the general email box
RequirementsAlthough we don't ask for pre-requisite skills, academic achievements, or professional experience, an ideal candidate for Konbit Mizik would be:
- Pursuing a concentration in Marketing, Business, or Non-profit Administration
- Entrepreneurial, multi-skilled, eager to learn and strong ability to multi-task
- Reliable, accountable to deadlines
- Passionate about non-profit causes, mission-driven work
- Interested in music and education
- Interested in Haitian culture