Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
FALL – SUMMER 2014 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT DC JAZZ FESTIVAL, WASHINGTON, DCBookmark This
DC Jazz Festival
DescriptionInterested in a career in arts management/administration, arts education, business management, event planning, development, or event marketing? College and graduate students are encouraged to apply for a 2013/2014 Internship at the DC Jazz Festival Administrative Office located near Georgetown. Small Travel Stipend is available.
Our internship program provides hands-on experience in arts management/administration, development/fundraising, event production, marketing, community outreach, and arts education
ResponsibilitiesDuties: Assist in coordinating tasks and projects associated with the planning of the 10th Annual DC Jazz Festival, June 24-29, 2014 and pre-festival events. Specific assignments could include, but not limited to:
1) General administrative duties including filing, copying, data entry, and other duties
2) Coordinate and/or assist with mailings throughout the year.
3) Attend regular meetings with administrative and production team.
4) Participate in a limited number of community engagement and outreach activities to include pre- and post-event support and follow-up at the direction of the Executive Director
5) Research projects as needed.
6) Assist with event projects as assigned.
Experience/Interest in at least three of the following: development, communications, arts administration, marketing, accounting, social networking, community engagement, event planning, jazz, arts (music/visual arts) education, business or nonprofit management.
• Good computer skills, including MS Excel and Powerpoint
• Good working knowledge of social networking sites
• Good research skills.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently on tasks and to ask for direction whenever needed
• Positive attitude
• Responsible with good judgment and interpersonal skills
• Time commitment of 20 hours per week for a minimum of 16 weeks
RequirementsPeriod: Minimum of 16 weeks required at 20 hours per week. Flexible work schedule is negotiable.
School Credit and Time Commitment: The internship will be based in the DC Jazz Festival Administration Office. If the applicant is pursuing an internship for school credit, the intern will be expected to provide all forms and school documents to the Program Coordinator to ensure that all school requirements are met. The internship requires a 20-hour week minimum, with a few weekends and evenings required for concerts and arts programs. There may be some flexibility of work hours for interns who need to work within their class schedule. Interns will be required to adhere to a negotiated weekly schedule.
Successful applicants should possess at least three years of arts administration, liberal arts, communications, marketing, education, nonprofit management, and/or arts-related study at the college level. Master’s candidates are encouraged to apply. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Aqmeri Amen, operations and event assistant, at email@example.com, SUBJECT: INTERNSHIP