Field Development – Georgia Internship – Fall TermBookmark This
DescriptionReports To: Director, Field Development
Location: Atlanta, GA
Hours/Days per Week: Monday through Friday, 4 hrs/day; 20 hrs/week
Length of Assignment: Three (3) months, starting in September to December 2014
Purpose: The purpose of this internship is to assist the Autism Speaks staff in planning and implementing the Walk Now for Autism Speaks, Autism Speaks 5k and additional Autism Speaks - Georgia events.
• Provide administrative support to the Autism Speaks staff as needed (answer telephones, data entry, email correspondence, mailings, materials management, packet assembly, etc.)
• In conjunction with the Autism Speaks staff, provide customer service for Walk/5k participants, team captains, volunteers, committee members and chairpersons, including donation questions, shipment of materials, etc.
• Assist Autism Speaks staff with planning of Walk Kick-Off/5k events, Awards events and various Walk/Chapter functions.
• Create Walk/5k and event materials (flyers, posters, e-mail correspondence, letters, etc.) as needed.
• Work closely with Autism Speaks staff to achieve the Walk/5k goals through practicing the Walk/5k strategies identified in the business plan for the annual Walk, including strategies regarding sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, Kickoff and a year-long communications plan.
• Assist with volunteer management and organization, volunteer community outreach and volunteer assignments.
Future Possible Roles
• In conjunction with Autism Speaks staff, implement the global campaigns of Autism Speaks such as Government Relations, Family Services, and Community Outreach and Science initiatives.
• Make presentations about Autism Speaks and Walk Now for Autism to businesses, organizations and community groups to recruit teams of walkers
RequirementsRelated Skills and Knowledge
• Superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outgoing and friendly personality, along with creativity and enthusiasm.
• Ability to work independently and with volunteers, staff, donors, media and the general public.
• Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
*Internship may be for college credit. Hours and length may vary based on requirements.
If you interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please e-mail your resume to Sally Ahmed, HR Coordinator at email@example.com.