Foundation InternBookmark This
Herbalife Family Foundation
800 W. Olympic Blvd., 406
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionCreated in 1994 by Herbalife Founder Mark Hughes, Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) creates partnerships with charities to help meet the nutritional needs of children at risk. At the same time, HFF is there to provide funds to organizations assisting victims of natural disasters. HFF is a global non-profit organization working in communities around the world.
HFF’s flagship Casa Herbalife program, was introduced in 2005 to support existing charitable organizations that are changing children’s lives. This program, named after the Brazilian orphanage Mark Hughes and HFF built in 1998, has spread across the globe, helping to provide proper nutrition to children in more than 40 locations.
Casa Herbalife programs receive HFF funding, as well as the support of HFF donors though numerous volunteer projects. Our goal is to continue to support these organizations for as long as the need exists. Disaster Relief
HFF supports disaster relief around the world by raising money and providing funding to organizations helping at the scene of the disaster. Such efforts have helped increase food, clothing, blankets, supplies, housing and safe play area availability for affected children and their communities.
The HFF intern will assist in managing the grantmaking and fundraising processes.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Assist with grantee review and grantee communications
- Update all communication channels based on current foundation activities.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Can think critically through tasks assigned.