Grant & Fundraising Research InternBookmark This
209 W Ohio St
DescriptionNoStigmas.org is based in Chicago with the mission to raise awareness and erase the stigmas surrounding suicide and mental illness by sharing stories of hope and inspiration, educating the general public and those affected by mental illness by providing them with information and support.
NoStigmas.org is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization founded in 2007 by actor and public speaker, Jacob Moore. Mr. Moore is also an Mental Health First Aid Instructor and the author of the workbook, The 5 Pillars of Mental Wellness.
Interns will work closely with Mr. Moore, the Grant Development Coordinator and other interns to achieve the following objectives:
- Learn to perform grant & fundraising research in the non-profit sector
- Acquire efficient data management and organizational skills
- Learn different strategies to perform online and offline research
- Compile information to be channeled to Grant Development Coordinator and supervisor
- Written and verbal communication with outside organizations and partners
Responsibilities- Perform research on grant and fundraising opportunities applicable to the organization
- Research possible partnerships with "champions", corporations, and other sources for funding
- Collect and organize grant application materials
- Detail grant fulfillment benchmarks
- Develop strategies for targeting specific grants makers
RequirementsMinimum GPA: 2.50
- This job requires analysis.
- This job requires building & maintaining relationships with customers.
- This job allows time and space to work in solitude.
- This job relies heavily on written communication.
- This job requires providing help or service to others.
- This job requires directing people or resources to achieve a goal.
- This job requires business acumen.
- This job emphasizes predictable efficiency.