Grant WriterBookmark This
Brighter Within, Inc.
DescriptionBrighter Within, Inc. is a volunteer-driven, 501(C) 3 nonprofit organization. Brighter Within, Inc. provides community education about young adult dating violence, and teen support groups for boys and girls ages 8-17. Our purpose is to educate the community on young adult dating violence, and to empower young adults to be their best by assisting those in becoming productive and confident young adults that will allow them to become positive role models and future leaders.
Responsibilities• Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations,
persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
• Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and
• Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and
• Conducting prospect research;
• Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and
manage supplemental material required for proposals’
• Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and
RequirementsThe successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detailoriented,
and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate
biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required. Candidates must possess the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicatein a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and