Communications and Marketing Internship with the Child Abuse Prevention Center!OC Child Abuse Prevention Center
Entry Level - Paid Internship!Allure Marketing Group
Hands of Hope Internship 2015Casa de Esperanza
My Time InternHabitat For Humanity San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
The Warford Foundation, Inc.
DescriptionThe Warford Foundation is a non-profit organization, registered in the State of Maryland, IRS 501(c)3 approved. It was founded by Parthenia Warford to assist military widows and single mothers through financial assistance in their pursuit of successful completion of a 2-year Associates Degree in Nursing. Our hope is that we can assist our clients as the work to contribute to society in an area of critical need, nursing; while also increasing their sense of purpose, and ability to become more self-sufficient.
Much of TWF’s business is handled electronically or via conference calls, though physical presence at events will be required; these are typically no more frequent than once per quarter. Candidate is asked to make at least a 3-6 month commitment of approximately four hours each week (days and hours are flexible). Availability on the occasional evening/weekend is also desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://thewarfordfoundation.org/volunteer/ to complete the online form and Volunteer Intake Sheet, email along with a resume & cover letter to email@example.com Subject: Internship Vacancy. No phone calls, please.
The Warford Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibility, physical or mental disability, medical condition, status as a veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state, or local law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback