HALO Uganda AmbassadorBookmark This
The HALO Foundation
DescriptionThe HALO Foundation Mission: Empowering youth in the greatest need to become contributing members of their communities. Learn more at www.haloworldwide.org.
The HALO Foundation of Kansas City, MO is looking for a motivated, curious, passionate, and adventurous person to serve as our Art and Media Intern in Uganda. HALO supports at-risk youth and creates programs that allow our youth to gain practical life skills, expand their creative thinking, and participate in a variety of fun and insightful art workshops. HALO supports five youth homes in Uganda and one school sponsorship program. The youth in the Uganda homes are from a variety of backgrounds. We primarily work with girls working in prostitution, children living in extreme poverty, and children living on the streets. This internship is a very exciting opportunity to experience life in Uganda while working for a nonprofit that is committed to improving the lives of Uganda’s youth. During this internship, you will be responsible for all the art programming for five youth homes. An intern in this position must be able to work independently and self motivate. You will have the freedom to create and implement your own projects.
*Internship location listed as virtual simply because international address was not included as an option.
*Please do not hesitate to contact Lacy Voight (email@example.com) if you are currently not a student and still want to apply.
Responsibilities- Facilitating and documenting individual and group based art therapy sessions
- Creating and conducting art projects some of which will be used in art auctions in the US
- Collecting and recording life stories from the youth
- Updating the information on our youth profiles
- Creating media products such as pictures and videos to use as donor relations materials on social media and in the US
- Assisting the in-country HALO Ambassador with various administrative tasks such as organizing our databases, compiling youth histories, etc
- Pursuing or obtained a Bachelor degree preferably in Fine Arts
- A passion for fine arts and knowledge of creative art lesson planning
- Experience conducting art projects with children
- Photography experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop or other photo editing programs
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Interest in nonprofit work
- Creative and flexible
- Some knowledge of international affairs, politics, and cultures
- Cultural sensitivity
- International travel experience preferred
Internship: 3-6 months.
This internship is unpaid; however, HALO will provide information regarding housing and cost of living.