Hispanic Media/PR Internship - South Florida ChapterBookmark This
Blue Lagoon Drive
DescriptionInternship Program Eligibility:
• Must be currently enrolled at a college or university, pursuing a B.A, M.A, , or M.B.A
• Junior/Senior level Public Relations/Advertising/Journalism background
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Must be willing to work in an Autism Speaks’ field office in Miami, FL
• Must be flexible and willing to work within the regular office hours of Autism Speaks (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday); a specific schedule will be determined based on the needs of the department
• Proficient computer skills in: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
Assist with key publicity and Hispanic media outreach activities in raising awareness about autism and promoting, in Spanish, key fundraising activities including Walk Now for Autism Speaks and Light it Up Blue, as well as locally promoting Autism Speaks’ mission surrounding Science, Advocacy, Family Services and Awareness.
• Write and publish newsletters
• Create flyers, direct mail pieces and training resources
• Coordinate radio and television PSA’s, interviews and fact sheets
• Manage sponsorship sales and build clientele
• Liaise with area managers and CEOs
• Recruit volunteers, prepare campaign materials, organize events
• Assist with publicity and media relations for special events
• Creation of media kits
The South Florida Chapter of Autism Speaks provides an invaluable experience to interns wanting to have a hands-on experience in their field of study. The intern should look forward to multi-tasking, organizing, and adding their own creativity to the work they produce.
RequirementsThis internship is open during Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. We ask for a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, with flexibility in scheduling.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume to:
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.