Urban Garden Fall InternshipNorris Square Neighborhood Project
Seeking a Frank & Claire Underwood (House of Cards) type for QEB Foundation: Non-Profit OrgQEB, LLC
CA$H for CHANGE>> Hands-on JOB Training with QEB Foundation: Non-Profit OrganizationQEB, LLC
music public relations internsQEB,LLC
Annual Fundraising Event InternshipBambi Homes
International Peace Quest Institute Internship ProgramBookmark This
International Peace Quest Institute
725 24th Street NW; Gelman Library Starbucks; Other Locations (as needed)
DescriptionInterested in participating in a non-profit start up? The International Peace Quest Institute (IPQI), an international non-governmental organization and think-tank created in 1985 by Sudanese diplomat, author, and political candidate Dr. Hashim El-Tinay, is looking for interested persons from various backgrounds to join our team. We are an organization focused on democracy promotion and human rights development through public diplomacy. IPQI strives to conduct public diplomacy through cross-cultural, intercultural, and interfaith dialogue across all communities. Our headquarters are in Washington, DC, with branches in Khartoum, Sudan, Paris, France, and Nairobi, Kenya. We are also planning to expand to Cairo, Egypt.
1. Part time: 10-20 hours/week
2. Full time: 21-40 hours/week
All interns are responsible for the following:
1. Attending all scheduled meetings.
2. Contributing to the public policy dialogue of the organization.
3. Brainstorm new ideas for forwarding the mission of the organization.
Deadlines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Additional Information: Candidates with strong personal commitments to political and cultural pluralism, and of diverse ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, and sexual backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
1. Fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mkWdGgyW2fHuXWSp-sa4qbXbDNK8dlFcMVOFJK4HWys/edit
2. Send Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing/Work Sample to:
Matthew Agar (Chief Operations Officer)
-Include in the cover letter the following:
1. Academic and professional qualifications
2. Explanation of commitment to the mission of the International Peace Quest Institute.
-Writing Sample and/or work sample should display knowledge of the mission and activities of the International Peace Quest Institute. It should be no more than two pages and can be an excerpt from a previous work.
RequirementsAll IPQI Internship Positons have the following qualifications:
-Minimum GPA: 2.5
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited four year academic institution
-Have an interest or academic focus in public policy (all interns contribute to the dissemination of public policy as per the vision of IPQI)
-Preferred candidates possess working knowledge of a foreign language
-Preferred candidates will be self-starters and be able to think creatively
Internship position descriptions, responsibilities, and qualifications can be found in the following:
When applying, please send the following information to:
Matthew Agar (Chief Operations Officer): firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cover Letter including the following:
-Desired Positon(s) (see link)
-Explanation of qualifications
-Dates and times available for an interview (by phone, by Skype, in person, etc.)
-Date and time available to begin work
-Hours per week commitment
3. Writing sample/work sample that displays knowledge of the mission of the International Peace Quest Institute (using cross-cultural, intercultural, and interfaith dialogue and research to promote democracy, human rights, and social justice).
4. List of References (minimum two)