Knowledge Center InternBookmark This
National Center for Family Philanthropy
1101 Connecticut Ave, NW #220
DescriptionThe National Center for Family Philanthropy is currently seeking an intern to help manage and improve our online Knowledge Center which is the world’s largest resource for families that give. The National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP) is the only national nonprofit dedicated exclusively to families who give and those that work with them. NCFP provides the research, expertise and networking opportunities necessary to inspire our national network of giving families every step of the way on their philanthropic journey. Families learn how to transform their values into effective giving that makes a positive and enduring impact on the communities they serve. Together, we make great things happen
I. Purpose and Scope of Internship
The Knowledge Center management intern will help manage and improve our current information management/online library system. This internship would provide an opportunity to think creatively about how to bring this system into the 21st century and the best ways to package, store and disseminate information. We are ideally looking for someone who enjoys optimizing information systems and thinking strategically. The intern will also be invited to contribute research and design suggestions to a proposal for the knowledge management part of a new website.
ResponsibilitiesII. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Upload and index new resources to the Knowledge Center
• Think creatively about ways to improve the knowledge management system, searchability and indexing system.
• Opportunity to do other research projects based on interest
RequirementsIII. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Student enrolled in a BA or MA program at a university
• Attention to detail
• Highly motivated student who can work independently with minimal supervision and training.
• Access to a laptop computer
• Interest in helping families get access to great information so they can maximize the impact on their communities.