Marketing InternBookmark This
National MS Society Gateway Area Chapter
1867 Lackland Hill Parkway
Saint Louis, MO
DescriptionThe intern will support the overall communications efforts of the agency including media relations, news and feature-story development, and website updates. Work will include a variety of projects to strengthen the Chapter’s visibility in our 90-county service area, support marketing efforts for the fundraising and services department, and provide information to important audiences on MS and the organization.
Time Commitment and Stipend:
14 to 16 hours a week during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, with the exact days and times to be determined according to intern schedule. An education stipend is awarded to those who complete 100-600 hours per semester. (The average is $500/240 hours of service), this amount is applied directly toward tuition.
Responsibilities• Assist with communications to clients, event participants, community members, media, and medical professionals
• Assist with writing, layout, editing and proofing printed materials including Chapter newsletters and other agency communication vehicles
• Assist with social media, website, and email communications
• Assist with developing press releases and place stories about agency services, programs and special events
• Assist with reviewing and updating agency media list to ensure accurate distribution of press materials
RequirementsMust be at least 18
Must be enrolled with a university/college at the time of the internship
Must be available for 14-16 hrs/week between Mon-Fri: 8:30AM-5PM
• Communications, public relations, marketing or journalism majors are preferred but not required
• Strong writing skills are a top priority
• Excellent communication skills a must
• Ability to work efficiently with little supervision
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
• Previous experience in graphic design, editing articles and web design/writing is a plus
• Able to stand for extended periods and tolerate the heat (if attending events)
• Must have ability to perform various office duties, including typing, talking on the phone, as well as on location tasks, including taking photos at special events.