Marketing InternBookmark This
DescriptionThe Rural Development Centre (RUDEC) started, as a concept, in the South West Regionof Cameroonin 2001. But it wasn’t until 2005 that RUDEC became a reality in the Boyo Division ofthe Anglophone North West Region. It was subsequently registered in February 2006 as a Common Initiative Group (CIG) with the Government of Cameroon. In December 2011 RUDEC was upgraded and registered as an Association with the Government as a not for profit organization with a wider operational area which enables them to be able to have branches all over the country. The idea for RUDEC first came about as a means to create opportunities for the underprivileged sections of society. The founders realized that by focusing on the needs of rural people, a centre such as RUDEC could empower and benefit local communities.
RUDEC encourages foreign volunteers to come and work together with local staff and members of the community, to try and help achieve their aims and to work towards the vision of the organisation.
Volunteersare directly involved in diverse grassroots participatory programs and are advocates of rural development in Belo, Boyo Division and hopefully in the future, beyond. Since inception, RUDEC has worked with various groups and individuals through programs such as beekeeping, market-orientated gardening, the youth/families guinea pig program, community empowerment projects and community health outreach initiative. It also runs a successful and ever expanding sponsor an orphan program.These activities are geared towards such goals as the generation of income, improved social well-being, improved nutritional status, enhanced livelihood for all and protection ofthe environment.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.