Program CoordinatorThe Daniel Trust Foundation, Inc.
Promote Water Safety- Community Directors Needed For International Non-profitDrowning Prevention Foundation
Grant Proposal writing (Communications/PR) InternSheba-USA
Executive Operations InternFamily Equality Council
Grant CoordinatorHEROH Foundation
Marketing and Communication Intern for Non-Profit MuseumBookmark This
Heritage Farmstead Museum
1900 West 15th Street
DescriptionHeritage Farmstead Museum (HFM) in Plano, Texas explores the unique farming story and family history associated with the historic Farrell-Wilson house, as well as preserves its buildings, grounds, and collections through acquiring, preserving, teaching, and exhibiting the historical treasures associated with the rich heritage and history of Plano, Texas. The HFM is seeking a marketing, communications, and social media intern for the curatorial department. This is a non-paid position, however hours can be credited towards degree seeking internship requirements and real work experience for resumes.
ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking a self-starter who would like to work on real projects in the areas of digital/print marketing, advertisement, promotional materials, event planning, and operations while also thinking about creative strategies to promote the Museum and marketing efforts.
- Coordinates online and print marketing and advertising campaigns for events, programs, and community outreach
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers, as well as target new audiences
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Research speaking engagements within the community and book appointments
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Hours are flexible and some assignments can be completed from home.
- Can be used towards college credit
RequirementsThe candidate we are seeking must have very strong communication skills; both written and verbal. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable working in a small office environment and maintain a positive attitude, especially with customers and vendors. Candidate must be ready to assist in other roles and be very comfortable multi-tasking.
Requirements include: Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or equivalent. A self-starter, motivated to take on new responsibilities with minimal supervision. Strong attention to detail, organized, and reliable. Strong knowledge of social media, MS Office Suite, including MS Excel, Publisher, Photoshop, etc., and a strong knowledge in online marketing outlets, both free and paid.