Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Marketing/Sales/PR/Outreach InternBookmark This
Neighborhood Housing Services of Minneapolis
901 N 3rd St, Suite 300
DescriptionA Marketing/Sales/PR/Outreach Intern is sought to assist in creating, designing and implementing a Marketing/Sales/PR/Outreach program with NHS.
This Intern will assist the Deputy Director with a new measure within a well-established organization. The candidate hired for this position will be asked to utilize critical thinking skills in order to integrate into a passionate team who are excited to share in this exciting launch. This is a unique opportunity for an intern to gain valuable experience in assisting a program creation from the ground up.
Priority will be given to applications received with completed applications by September 25, 2013.
Complete applications will include: resume, links to three examples of writing samples and/or social media work (blogs, Facebook page, Twitter account, etc.) and cover letter specifically addressing this posting, to: Karin@minneapolisnhs.org. Please put “Marketing/Sales/PR/Outreach Intern” in the subject header. We will be in contact only if you have been selected for an interview. Please do not call. Thank you for your understanding.
NHS is an equal opportunity employer
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities to be coached on:
• Assist in creation and usage of signage, circulars, mock-ups, e-mail campaigns and on-line promotions, etc.
• Assist in creating and maintain a content editorial calendar
• Aggregate and/or create article and video content
• Track social media, marketing, outreach and website statistics
• Help drive promotional content
• Assist with execution of trade shows and community events
• Develop questionnaires and evaluations
• Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• Open and sort mail
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Assist in creating a user manual
• Utilize word of mouth marketing, internet marketing techniques to increase the traffic, brand awareness and increase class enrollment for pre-purchase classes and home improvement classes
• Provide support and ideas to social media efforts
• Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing clients and increase the impressions on potential clients
• Maintain tracking report for all public relations activity
• Follow-up after each major campaign
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Familiar with both Mac and PC
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Solid understanding of the internet and social marketing best practices
• People skills and sales experience a plus for fundraising efforts for contests on social media, etc.
• Other marketing activities as assigned by supervisor
• Ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude
• Familiar with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Preferred majors: Marketing, Business, Communication, Sales, Advertising, Language or related field
• Previous experience with a non-profit
• Demonstrated ability to work with customers from a variety of socio economic and ethnic backgrounds
• Public speaker abilities and aptitude for learning