Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Bookmark This
The Perseus Foundation
DescriptionThe Perseus Foundation is an animal cancer non profit organization with offices in the Washington DC area and Upstate New York.
To educate the public and scientific community about the biologic similarity of cancer in pets and people; also, to communicate the ways in which comparative oncology is accelerating the treatment, and prevention of cancer.
To encourage and promote research focused on the biologic similarity of cancer in pets and people that will expedite therapeutic and preventive benefits for both.
To create, through its sister organization, The Elessar Inn, a pilot for the first hospitality house for dogs undergoing extended cancer treatment in the Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland areas. A home away from home for pets and their humans. (2015)
Ask Us. Drop us en email or call us and we will prepare an individualized packet for you.
Perseus and the Arts. Through a fusion of the arts and science this program is an extension of our community outreach educational programs and seminars.
TagAlong. One of our volunteers accompanies a pet owner during the first visit to the veterinary oncologist.
The Magic Bullet Fund. Provides financial assistance to people who have dogs with cancer but cannot afford the high costs of treatment.
The Teddy Bear Fund. A financial assistance for cat owners who cannot afford cancer treatment. (Fall 2013)
The MiliDog Fund. For retired and active dogs in the military to assist with the financial burden of cancer treatment or other life threatening conditions. (Spring 2014)
Pets& Pals ( Fall 2014). A program designed for pediatric oncology patients. Our goal is to bring together children who have cancer with dogs who have survived cancer.
One of our projects is to create an informative video, distribution to over 150 clinics nationwide where veterinary oncologists will highlight their clinics, their work and advancement in treatment options. It strives to be unique as the story will be told through a flamenco dance choreography where the dance evolves from dark and somber to one that is light and happy. It is meant to symbolize how information sheds light and is truly an important weapon in the fight against cancer.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Record desktop computer screens and actions for demo and training videos
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment