Fall 2014 Legislative Research InternshipProject Vote Smart
Spring 2014 Peacemaker Internship - OrganizingMassachusetts Peace Action
Community Events & Programs InternshipFamily Equality Council
ACLU of Texas Full Time or Part Time InternshipACLU of Texas
Public Relations and Marketing InternMy Girlfriend's House
Media/PR/Marketing/socail media Intern for non-profitBookmark This
Downtown Christiansburg Inc
DescriptionDowntown Christiansburg Inc. is a Non-profit organization promoting and progressing downtown Christiansburg into a thriving place to do business, live, and play.
Communications/non-profit/PR/Social media/ marketing
Social Media Management, Project Management and Marketing for a non-profit organization.
Number of positions: 1
Compensation: Unpaid Internship - eligible for college credits by advisers approval.
• Assist with implementing communication plans and projects, including creation of marketing collateral and newsletters, copy writing, imagery and editing
• Gain experience with social media, PR and marketing for a non-profit.
• Written and oral communication, creativity, design, editing and branding
Position requires 1-2 in person check-ins per week.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Include, but not limited too, assisting with day-to-day media relations and public relations for a downtown non-profit organization, including writing news releases and media advisories, scouting media opportunities, and assisting with events.
Requirements• Highly organized and timely
• Knowledgeable with social media marketing, through LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook
• Ability to write short articles, blog posts, and/or press releases
• Exceptional communication skills, including ability to extract information, actively listen, and verbalize ideas effectively
• Presentation experience (preferred)
• Ability to work independently with flexible hours
• Takes initiative
• Shows enthusiasm and energy
• Shows resourcefulness