Home Repair/Safety Guarantor - Strike Force CaptainRebuilding Together East Bay-North
Studio Support AssistantThe Record Co
Fund Development internshipLa Peña Cultural Center
NeighborWorks Academic Internship ProgramNeighborWorks America
Financial Development Intern (Fund raising)South Shore YMCA
Medical Services Internship - Spring 2014Bookmark This
Pulmonary Hypertension Association
801 Roeder Road Suite 1000
Silver Spring, MD
DescriptionThe Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA’s Medical Services Internship offers students an opportunity to assist the Associate Director, Medical Services and program associates in providing services to physicians, researchers, nurses and patients. This critical support will enable us to continue to provide vital services to the PH community. The Medical Services Intern will be instrumental in helping staff manage PHA’s two medical membership networks and ensure that medical professionals who belong to these groups have access to the resources they need. This intern will have a wide range of experiences in managing the medical side of a health-related non-profit.
You will be treated as a respected team member. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment. Interns may also earn college credit. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply:
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Cover letters should be addressed to Michael Gray, Associate Director of Medical Services. Applications are ONLY accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form (http://www.phassociation.org/internships/apply).
• Gain valuable experience in the field of non-profit health organization management
• Perform research on medical topics (such as ideas for educational webinars for both patients and for medical providers)
• Assist with the development of communication materials for outreach to medical professionals and patients
• Identify projects and areas of individual interest and work both independently and in teams to achieve goals
• Assist with managing PHA’s two medical membership networks for medical professionals
• Help manage aspects of producing PHA’s medical journal.
• Work about 22 hours weekly (schedule is flexible)
• Receive a modest stipend and transportation subsidy
• Have an interest in healthcare issues and in working in a non-profit environment
• Possess knowledge of the Internet and demonstrate proficiency in using a variety of software platforms, including MS Word and MS Excel
• Be interested in developing medically relevant educational resources
• Possess knowledge of Internet and/or library resources for research
• Be able to organize information and to document research for future reporting
• Be organized and multi-task
• Possess strong oral and writing skills as well as an ability to work well with a team