Part time business development internshipTraveling Stories
Weekend Miracles Evaluation Research InternKidsave
Development, Communications & Marketing Intern (UNPAID)Alameda County Meals on Wheels
Summer Miracles Program InternshipKidsave
Fellows/Interns for Inclusion of Jews with DisabilitiesRespectAbility
Mentorship Advisor InternshipBookmark This
209 West Ohio Street
DescriptionNoStigmas.org is based in Chicago with the mission to raise awareness and erase the stigmas surrounding suicide and mental illness by sharing stories of hope and inspiration, educating the general public and those affected by mental illness by providing them with information and support. In collaboration with our Wellness Advisory Council, are in the process of launching a network of peer-2-peer support.
NoStigmas.org is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization founded in 2007.
Mentorship Advisor Interns will be a crucial part of the peer support program, and will work closely with the Wellness Advisory Council to oversee mentorship matches. Interns will work to achieve the following objectives:
- Facilitate matches between those requesting peer support and volunteer mentors
- Develop online, verbal and in-person communications with healthcare service users
- Acquire efficient data management and organizational skills
- Learn different strategies to connect service users with supportive peers and providers
- Compile reports to be channeled to supervisor and Wellness Advisory Council
- Oversee matches, collect data on results of peer matches, assess success of peer relationships
- Interact with mentors and mentees to ensure successful progress in their match
- Respond to queries of match participants, and deal with any arising problems
- Respond to inquiries online, verbally or in person about mental health resources and peer support
- Liaise with our Wellness Advisory Council, supervisors, office management and other interns
- This position is open to graduates or post-grads
- Applicants should come from fields of psychology, psychiatry or social work
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- This job requires interns to work on site at our offices in the River North neighborhood of Chicago
- This job requires a minimum of 15 hours per week
- This job requires analysis.
- This job requires building & maintaining relationships with customers.
- This job requires providing help or service to others.
- This job requires directing people or resources to achieve a goal.
- This job requires sensitivity to issues surrounding mental health.